Stress is not good for our health. It has damaging risks on your body and mind. Therefore it’s important to look at things to reduce your stress. How can you reduce your stress?
– Don’t call stress stress. Most of the time we tell ourselves we stress, if we keep on calling it stress then we feel the stress. So it’s important to call it something else like overwhelmed. Do you feel the difference in words?
– Do sports. Sports reduces your stress level. It keeps you fit and gives you positive energy.
– Walking (in nature). Our head tents to feel overloaded when we have stress. If we focus on nature our head feels less overloaded and is focussed on a few things around us.
– Focus on your hobbies. Work is our main stress factor. When we decide to focus on hobbies as well, we feel enlightened from the experience we have on work.
– Look for positive energy. During stress we feel negative. It’s not the most productive way to work. Therefore positive energy gives us a lot more. Focus on the positive things you’ve already reached.
– Talk to other people. Sometimes we don’t know the answer ourselves. It’s good to talk to other people instead. How do they reduce their stress?
– Take enough rest during the day. We are always running from one work spot to an other. It’s easy to do this, but in the mean time we don’t have relax moments to reflect. Reflection is a good way to see what you’ve already done and be proud of that.
– Make to do lists. We’re stressing most of the time, because we think we have less time to do tasks at work. When we make to do lists, we can see if we use the time in a usefull and stress reduced way.
– Listen or play music. Music works therapeutically. On Spotify you have lots of music which makes you feel more relaxed and comfortable.
– Is the stress realistic or not? We think we have stress, but most of the time it’s not realistic. We need to realize in the end we all do the best we can. And sometimes we don’t accomplish work deadlines. Is that really something we should stress over? We still are humans in the end.
And at last, ask for help if you need it.